Sick of feeling stuck?
Tired of talking about change that never seems to happen?
Frustrated with feeling like you are never enough?
Week after week I hear stories from people who just can't seem to get out of their own way. They are still talking about the same twenty pounds, caught in the same cash crisis, trying to find their passion, and searching for their soulmate. Although their excuses and rationalizations about why nothing is changing in their lives have evolved and become more elaborate, their actual life circumstances have not! Many desperately try to convince themselves that at some point something will happen that will serve as the catalyst for real change. Yet underneath their wishful thinking lies a sense of sadness, resignation, frustration, and fear. Unfortunately, they have lost trust in themselves and the benevolence of the Universe. They have forgotten what Glinda said to Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, "You had the power all along."
We all have the power inside us to create more passionately, to love more deeply, to experience our everyday life more joyfully, and to reach our full potential.
We just need to get to that point of being fed up with being fed up.
Most people say that pain is the great motivator for transformation, and that is true. Yet for me, the other great motivator that can catapult us from inertia to action and from stagnation to stupendousness is the intolerance of our own mediocrity!
When we can no longer tolerate our own excuses, patterns of paralysis and procrastination or days/decades of drama, change can happen. When we are finally willing to be straight with ourselves and admit that we're settling for mediocre results, and cooperating with the part of ourselves that tells us to play small, stay safe, and sell out, that is the kind of radical honesty needed to take the first step to creating a new future.
Turning the tide on mediocrity isn't a matter of stamping out fear and self-sabotage. It's a matter of reconnection. Rather than referring to the same old manual, referencing the same old limiting beliefs and non-serving behaviors for how to fix what isn't working in your life, it is time to connect to your higher self who knows exactly how to make your life a magical wonderland. This is the part of you that hungers to live life with an unapologetic aliveness and wants to contribute your remarkable gifts to this world. It knows exactly how to satisfy your needs and give you the something more that you are looking for.
So this week, instead of continuing to do what you have done in the past and thinking that all of a sudden it will miraculously create different results and then putting yourself down for being stuck, I want to encourage you to embrace that mediocre part of you.
Use the energy of feeling fed up to catapult you into action, and …
1. Declare that playing small, settling, and putting your dreams on the back-burner are no acceptable.
2. Reconnect your soul’s desires.
3. Defy the gravitational pull of your past.
4. Harness the fuel of your intolerance and use it to launch yourself into a new level of consciousness.
It is time to declare your freedom from the limits of your past and to finally manifest and sustain the change you desire.
Transformational Action Steps
(1) Look around your life. What are the areas and situations that you keep talking about changing? Where are you playing small, stuck, or achieving mediocre results?
(2) Note how many years you have been promising yourself that things would change. What are the costs of not taking those areas on and achieving what you desire?
(3) Tune into your voice of intolerance and hear what it tells you to do in each of these areas or situations. Is there an action you need to take, a commitment you need to make, or a structure you need to put in place to support you in achieving a new result?