Last week I had a true proud mama moment! I flew to L.A. to attend the premiere of a series pilot that was created, written, produced, and acted in by my 25 and 27 year old daughters. Although as a mom, I was pinching myself watching what they have accomplished, the truth is I am always in awe of people who start with a passing conversation or idea and then actually make it happen!
Many of us have a great thought or a brainstorm yet it never gets off the ground or comes to fruition. So when it comes to:
- creating something from nothing,
- doing something you have never done before, or
- putting yourself out there in a whole new way,
What drives those who do versus those who just think or talk about it?
What have they tapped into inside themselves that fuels their fire and carries their commitment
Desire is the most important catalyst for bringing about radical change.
It is the spark that ignites the flame of your soul and illuminates your innate creativity, passion, and vision. It is the impulse that seeds your ambition and sources your energy to share your unique talents with the world. It is fuel that has you go through whatever tests, training, or development necessary to be all that you can be.
In its purest form, desire drives you to let go of the safety of your status-quo. It makes you want something so badly that you are willing to do whatever it takes in order to manifest your dream. Yet generally desire does not come without a long list of doubts! And for many of us it is our fear, insecurity, or doubt that has derailed the pursuit of our desires.
To stoke our internal fire so we can keep driving toward the destination of our desires, we must:
- Stop denying our desires and give voice to that which we long for in our heart. We must name and claim our desire before it can materialize in the outer world.
- Make a commitment to not only manifest our desire but also to not quit on ourselves if the going gets tough. Accepting from the beginning that this is new and there will be real setbacks, roadblocks, and challenges makes it easier to lean in, hold on, and navigate the speed bumps along the way.
- Have the compassion and patience we would have for others if they were taking on something new. When those bumps in the road appear, instead of beating ourselves up, we must speak to ourselves the way we would to a friend we admire for having the guts to take on something new.
- Ignite our confidence and courage. To walk through the unknown, have trust in ourselves and our abilities, and take on whatever is being thrown at us along the road of creation and manifestation takes confidence and courage. They are the antidote to our fear as well as “the wind beneath our wings” when it comes to moving forward and living in alignment with our deepest desires.
Every day we have the opportunity to unearth the desires that may be covered over with days or years of fear and resignation. Do not wait another day to become fully engaged in your life and to live with greater purpose and meaning. This is not a dress rehearsal! You can, like my daughters did, create your own red carpet experience.
Transformational Action Steps
- To get some support igniting your confidence and courage, join us for The Confidence + Courage Makeover on Tuesday August 28th at Noon Pacific/3 PM Eastern. Sign up here. (If you can’t make it live, don’t worry – as long as you register, you’ll get access to the replay for a limited time.)
- Give voice to that which your heart longs for and make a list of your desires. Think about the things that you want to achieve in the outer world and those that you long to feel inside. Do you want more peace, more love, a clearer sense of purpose, greater peace of mind? If so, write it down. Do you desire more money, more friends, a soulmate, a child, or a new career? If so, write it down. This is the time to list all of your desires without censoring yourself. Be honest. Be bold.
- If you feel any fear or hear the voices inside your head telling you why you cannot have what you envision, join us at The Shadow Process Workshop. I guarantee you it will change your life. Click here for the details on how you can join us in Miami from September 14th to 16th to remove the thoughts and beliefs that stand between you and your soul’s desires!
- If you want to join me in my proud mama moment, watch Kismet, the series pilot created by my daughters! Watch here.